Creamy Baked Cheese Sandwich
October 30, 2020
Quarantine days feels like an everyday cheat day. You'll always crave for anything. Then people start sharing their cravings on social media and I would consider as my entry.
- Sliced bread
- 2 eggs
- Cheese slices
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp flour
- First, beat the eggs.
- Cut sausages in half and then slice into strips.
- Pour small amount of beaten eggs in pan.
- Place two sliced bread on top.
- Flip them and fold the eggs inside of the bread slices.
- Place 4 slices of sausage on one side.
- Add a strip or slice of cheese. I added a strip only since my sliced bread is already filled with cheese.
- Cover with the other side, press with spatula then place in a heatproof plate or baking pan.
- Now, melt butter over low heat. Add flour and then mix well.
- I have extra sausages which I minced into small pieces then added it to the butter but this is optional.
- Add milk and allow to simmer.
- Then add about 1/4 cup grated cheese. Cook until cheese melts and sauce is thick.
- Pour milk sauce on top of the sandwiches and bake for 5 minutes at 150 C (350 F).
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.