Creamy Celery Apple Soup
Vote for this contest contender!
This is one of my favourite soups. It is extremely easy to make and is great for those counting calories. The green colour is a beautiful pop for the holidays.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 head of celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Place butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add celery, onion, potato, apple. Sprinkle with salt.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is tender and edges begin to brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and simmer until potatoes are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Puree in a blender until completely smooth. Add salt to taste, if necessary. Serve as is or with a splash of heavy cream.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!