Creamy Celery Apple Soup
This is one of my favourite soups. It is extremely easy to make and is great for those counting calories. The green colour is a beautiful pop for the holidays.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 head of celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Place butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add celery, onion, potato, apple. Sprinkle with salt.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is tender and edges begin to brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and simmer until potatoes are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Puree in a blender until completely smooth. Add salt to taste, if necessary. Serve as is or with a splash of heavy cream.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!