Creative Birthday Ideas for a Giving Person

Category Gifts
It can be difficult to decide what to give a person who gives so much of themselves to others. This is a guide about creative birthday ideas for a giving person.

I would surely appreciate a creative idea for a 70 year old mom's birthday. Possibly a few game ideas and a neat theme. This mom is very giving to all with herself. She loves the color blue, Mel Gibson, James Garner and Jessica Lansberry. She deserves so much. Thank you for helping me begin!

Theresa from Cortland, OH

Answers

I think you mean Angela Lansberry, who plays Jessica Fletcher on 'Murder, She Wrote". An excellent choice of actors & actresses, your lady friend has! Right now, I'm at a loss of suggestions on your party. I'm sure others will help out soon. Best of Luck on your party to a beautiful, loving & deserving person!

By Joyce Aten (Guest Post)

It is probably Angela Lansbury. You could type in each name separately to log on their websites for info and maybe even pictures to print or to order. If enough time, perhaps they would autograph them to your guest of honor. Do a "This is Your Life" type theme, or try "Three Wishes" and make them come true!

By Heather (Guest Post)

Maybe you could do a blast from the past type theme. Play oldies music, have some friends that maybe she hasn't seen or lost contact with show up, dress in 60s 70s type clothing. As far as food the only thing I could think of that would fit with this theme would be maybe to serve some of her childhood favorites???With games maybe you could play Name that tune! or something like that. Its funny how children now a days have no clue who some of the legends are - my son asked me who Elvis was.

It was too funny. Or maybe you could do a Jeopardy type game using different times in your mom's life as the subjects??? See who knows your mom the best. Of course you would also want to find some baby pics and maybe some yearbooks to leave out for guests to view. Email me if you decide to do it and you want more ideas. Hope that the birthday goes well for you and your mom.

By Carol (Guest Post)

If it were me, I'd want you to take me on a pretend cruise... I would use that as the theme. Perhaps the guests could each bring a food dish. Ask everyone to come dressed in cruise wear... Games could be shuffleboard or bingo... or whatever she might like to play or dance to her favorite music... Since she is a "giving" person, she might like to play crazy bingo. Everyone brings two or three gifts for the game. Put them in a pile.

YOu get to draw numbers from a bowl... When your number is called you get to go pick a gift... when all the gifts are gone from the pile, you get to take a gift from someone else... (this is the good part) Sometimes gifts are wrapped in big boxes or special paper, but they are not always the good gifts... lol they might just be a white elephant or roll of bath tissues.. lol People "fight" over these gifts and that is what makes the fun... Good luck. You are a good daughter!