Crispy Cinnamon Sugar Nests
These delicious little sweet treats came about when I was making something with delicate phyllo dough and had several tiny scraps of dough left over from breakage. I couldn't bear to through them away, so I made these delightful little candied crisps.
If you would like these to be lighter, you can omit the butter and brush them with water, then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mix. They are just as yummy, just airier and healthier! :)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- several strips of phyllo dough scraps
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 60 to 90 seconds until it's bubbling.
- Place strips of phyllo dough into mounds on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush cinnamon sugar butter mixture onto the mounds.
- Bake in preheated oven until crispy, about 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool before serving.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.