Pressure CookerRecipes

Crispy Glazed Corned Beef

The week after St. Patrick's Day is my favourite because all the corned beef packages go for 75% off at my local grocery store. I'm not a huge fan of the traditional boiled corned beef and veggies, so I make this version where it's boiled, coated in a sauce, then put under the broiler until it caramelizes. It's so good, and so cheap. You can feed several people for a few bucks.

This is made in a pressure cooker. If you want to use a regular pot, increase the cooking time for boiling the corned beef over low heat to at least 3 hours. My recipe has quite a kick from the horseradish. If you want yours more subtle, lessen the amount of horseradish.

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 80 minutes

Total Time: 85 minutes

Yield: 6 to 8 servings

1. Place the corned beef in the pressure cooker pot and cover with water. Add seasoning packet, peppercorns, bay leaf, and garlic clove. Bring to a boil, put cover and rocker on, then cook until it begins rocking. Keep at medium-low rocking motion and cook for 1 hour.
  2. Cut the head of cabbage into quarters. Slice down the middle of each section about 2 inches, but keep intact.
  3. Halve the potatoes and onion. Rough chop the carrots. Add them, along with the cabbage, to the pot with the cooked corned beef. Add a bit more water, cover, and cook on high for 15 minutes.
  4. Drain cooked brisket and vegetables and transfer to a large baking dish.
  5. In a bowl, mix together the ketchup, horseradish, vinegar, mustard, and sugar.
  6. Slather 3/4 of the sauce over brisket and vegetables, then place under the broiler for 5 to 7 minutes, until caramelized. Serve the remaining sauce in small bowl alongside for dipping.

Even we only eat almost once a year, corned beef is boring dish on this event. It sounds easy recipe and taste new and yummy. Thank you.

You're welcome! I love it enough to have this version a few times a year ;)