Crispy Panini Quesadillas
This is a fun and super delicious hybrid of a panini sandwich and a quesadilla. Place your favourite sandwich fillings inside two tortillas, add heaps of shredded cheese, and press. You want the cheese to ooze out because it will crisp up and make the most amazing crunchy crust. You don't need a panini press to make this. Instead, you could use a nonstick pan and press down firmly on the filled tortillas with a large spatula.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 11 minutes
- small tortillas
- finely chopped onion
- finely chopped green pepper
- thinly sliced deli meat (I used Prosciutto)
- shredded cheese
- Lightly grease your panini press or pan and heat to high. Put down one tortilla, then top with onions, peppers, meats, and cheese. Make sure to pile the cheese up high so when you press, it oozes out the sides.
- After a few minutes, the cheese will have come out and crisped on the bottom side. It is read to flip over where you are able to easily lift the cheese up with a spatula. If it's not hardened yet, cook a bit longer.
- Flip over and press down again. Allow to cook a few more minutes. It is ready when the cheese around the edges is as crisp as potato chips. I use my kitchen scissors to cut these into wedges.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.