Crochet Stained Glass Scrap Afghan

If you are a true yarn lover like me and I believe you are you just can't bear to part with any of it, even scraps. But what do you do with 1/3 ball of green yarn, or 36" of a lovely red? Make a huge afghan! :)

This is a very easy pattern, very enjoyable to just sit while watching TV and crochet away. Sometimes I like to place certain complementing colors near eachother. Sometimes I just grab whatever is closest and go to town! Often times I pair everything with a large ball of black yarn to tie everything in together, it's up to you.

I have made a few of these so far and each one is unique, they remind me of stained glass windows. Plus, this will help work that stash down. Have fun making your own!

Total Time: 15 hours?

Yield: 1 large cozy blanket

Source: My stash was calling my name...

1. Ch 5, join with a slip st in the first ch to make a ring.
  2. Advertisement

3. Ch 3, 2 dc, ch2 in ring.*3dc, ch2, 3 times. You will be joining this round with a slip st between the ch 3 and the dc, see?
  4. Ch 1, turn. Slip st in the space between the 2 groups of 3 dc, see?
  5. Ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in this same space.
  6. Repeat 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in each ch 2 corner space around, join with a slip st.
  7. Advertisement

8. I decided to change colors here, the more the merrier. So I ended off with the purple, turned my work, and added a rich teal. Simply join with a slip st in the space between 2 clusters. Ch 3, work 2 dc in same space.
  9. Work 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in next ch 2 space, 3 dc in next space, continue in same manner for entire round, join.
  10. Continue in the same pattern for each row, adding different colors as you run out or just when you feel like it.:)
  11. Advertisement

12. The blanket in the picture is 59 rounds.
  13. Quirky, fun, addictive.
  14. Enjoy!

Love it.

You sure we weren't sisters? I too make three dc's without a space in between. I think it's a fuller look and you don't have to worry about forgetting.

And, it looks like you flip your back and forth when you do a row. It looks like it when you look at the photo. Mine have just a little "ridge" if you were, between rows. When you do that for smaller squares, you don't have to block it or if you do it's much easier.

This is really cute and I love your little "corner holders"!! PBP

I love to crochet and make afghans for Project Linus who donates blankets, afghans and quilts to children in need of comfort. Our chapter gets donations of yarn and fabric and I love getting a variety of colors to come up with an afghan to make for them. No scrap yarn is ever wasted and I almost prefer the "scraps" over full skeins just to see what color combinations I can come up with.

Crafts Crochet AfghansNovember 14, 2015
📓
🐛
🌻
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Crochet-Stained-Glass-Scrap-Afghan.html