Customizing a Cupboard Shelf

Category Kitchen
Some times the configuration of your kitchen cupboards may not really work for you. One size or layout in this case does not fit all. There are simple, even temporary ways you can adjust the shelving to make it more suitable to your needs.

My kitchen is built for amazon ladies with no rotator cuff problems. So, today I decided to make some changes. Instead of so many dishes in the cupboards, I put some in drawers. Still out of site but much more handy.

Then, I brought a shelf down to a level I could use, and found there were no more holes for the little support brackets.

Did I let that stop me? Um no!! Recently I purchased 4 matching mini vases for a craft project. Turns out they made the perfect supports, and I didn't even have to get out my glue gun!

I took the shelf out, lowered it, and sat it on the upturned vases. The only thing I changed was to put the plates in the top, so they fit without hitting the vases ever so slightly. That left room for my mini-mixing and serving bowls. Now I can reach things easier, find them faster and save my back and my shoulders. WinWinWin!

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Organizing KitchenMay 16, 2020
🎆
😷
👔
😎
🐛
🌻

Generated 2020-05-17 23:13:35 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️