Cute Little Paper Bird Craft
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
August 14, 2018
Here is a cute craft for the summer months! This little bird will look great as party décor when hosting a garden party. This fella' is quick to make, so you can have a whole flock of birds to help you to celebrate in style. You can make the birds in different colors to add a fun element.
- A4 sized rose pink cardstock
- small piece of yellow cardstock for the beak
- pair of 5mm wiggle eyes
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- standard scissors
- Measure and cut a strip sized 11.5" x 1" from the rose pink cardstock.
- On one end, add glue up to 2.2" from the end of the strip of cardstock and then glue the two ends together - this will be the bird's body and tail. Bend the tail slightly upwards at the 2.2" mark.
- Cut 2.1" incisions on the tail end to make tail feathers.
- Measure and cut a strip sized 5" x 1" from the remaining rose pink cardstock. Glue the two ends of the strip together to make a small circle - this will be the bird's head.
- Glue the bird's head on the body.
- Glue the wiggle eyes to the bird's head. Cut a small diamond shaped beak from the yellow cardstock. Fold it in half and attach to the bird's head.
- Cut two tear-shaped wings from the remaining rose pink cardstock. Cut small incisions on the one side of each wing to add feathers, and glue the wings on to each side the bird's body.
- Now make the bird's crest feathers - cut a small rectangle from the remaining pink cardstock. Cut small incisions to make the feathers and glue it to the bird's head.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.