Cutting Back Ground Ivy

I know there are different kinds of ground ivy, but here is how I cope with it. It seems to come up every year in the same places and nothing I do can get rid of it completely. I have found that when I see the start of it, if I take a pair of clippers and cut it at the base, it takes a while to start back up.

Then I repeat the process. This keeps it under control and the advantage is that you don't have to pull it away from your other plants or from a fence. The upper part dies after the stem is cut and it dries so you can just crumple it away. I have never been able to kill the roots.

By Lilac from Springfield, MA