DIY Apron and Utensils Holder
Attach some decorative drawer pulls and a glass jar to a piece of scrap wood to make an apron and kitchen utensils holder. Follow the instructions below.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a DIY holder for aprons and cooking utensils. It saves space in the kitchen and is decorative. The parts are removable for washing or replacement.
Total Time: 1
- 1 scrap wood piece (10.25 inches by 3.25 inches)
- 2 sawtooth picture frame hooks
- 4 sawtooth hook nails
- 2 drawer knobs (w/washers and nuts)
- 1 glass jar
- 1 hose clamp (sized to jar)
- 1 nail
- 1 hammer
- 1 power drill
- Paint the wood the color of choice - I chose white.
- Using a power drill, drill two holes side by side through the backside (this will be where the knobs are placed).
- On the backside of the wood piece, nail in the sawtooth hooks on the top right and left corners with a hammer
- On the front side, drill a pilot hole where the jar will be placed.
- Through a slit on the hose clamp, drill the hose clamp into the pilot hole with a screw. (This may take a few tries if the slit in the hose clamp does not budge at first).
- Screw the pair of drawer knobs into the pair of holes.
- Fit the glass jar to the hose clamp.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.