DIY Arm Warmers from Socks

I got these cute LOVE socks from the dollar store. The only problem with words written on socks is that the letters tend to stretch out to the shape of your calves, and I've got shapely horse legs! I thought they'd look much cuter as arm warmers, especially with their longer length. Arm warmers average around $20 (I know because I'm an arm warmer fiend) and this is an awesome way to save money and be creative. This is a tutorial on turning any pair of socks into cute little arm warmers.

Total Time: 45 minutes

Yield: 1 pair of arm warmers

1. Place the sock on your arm so your knuckles almost reach the heel of the sock. Pin the sock at the middle of where your thumb would come out, and near the heel.
  2. Very carefully remove the sock and pins and use the holes as cutting guides. Cut a small straight 3mm line for the thumb hole.
  3. Then cut straight across right near the heel.
  4. Put the arm warmer on to make sure you like the thumb and finger placement.
  5. Thread your needle and make knot stitches all around the thumbhole to keep it from tearing. I prefer the other main hole to remain unstitched. It rolls back and looks really cute on its own.
  6. Don't discard the foot parts of your socks-- they make excellent no-show liner socks!

Cute!

Thanks Benetta!

Cute idea!!

Thanks Michelle!

I was just looking at this and I think what a great idea it would be for Seniors living in a nursing home. It would protect their skin from breaking as well as keep them warm. What a great idea. Mayjust use it. TFS,

That is a great idea indeed. I hope you use it! :)