DIY Green Onion Garden

I love having a never-ending green onion garden, especially on the cheap. I recently got a huge bag of green onions at the shop for 50 cents. Some of them were starting to wilt at the tips, hence finding them on the clearance rack. I used the dark green parts in some recipes, and soaked the roots in some water overnight. I then planted them in some soil and watered them. After two days, the green parts sprouted out the middle. Just snip off the greens and eat them. They will grow back quickly. You can plant them directly in your garden, in a container outside, or in a small box on a window sill. They love places with good light. Enjoy!

Wow, I'm going to learn to grow a garden yet! :)
This is fantastic.
There's definitely not a day go by that something new isn't learned
here by me.
Thank you.

You must grow a garden! I just started learning lots the last two years and it is SO rewarding! Sometimes things don't workout, but those are all learning experiences :) One thing I know is growing your own stuff tastes so much better!

I grow several "plants" from grocery shopping food items but have never given green onions a thought - and I love using them when cooking and in salads so I will surly give this tip a go.

Just an aside; My plants are growing like "wild fire" in my swiveled up potatoes!

Please do try this! It's one of the less needy plants for care-taking! How is the rest of your garden fairing this year? :)

Some good and some not so good..
It has been getting into the low 100's here (Florida) and it is difficult for even sun loving plants to not be affected.
My cuttings in my potatoes are growing so that is a new thing to me.
Thanks for that tip - I like it.
I have found lots of useful planting tips (from you know who) but he has a magic green thumb that I envy but just cannot match!!
I enjoy dreaming about getting his kind of results but I'm afraid most it is just that - dreaming.
Love all of your postings (and others of course) - my morning pick -me-ups.

I bet "you know who" could easily take care of a garden in Florida, too, somehow. Oh, that magic green touch :) How I wish I had it, too.