DecorationsHome Decor

DIY Lava Lamp

I was amazed about how lava lamps are made. I tried making one at home. Alka Seltzer is what makes the fizzing and floating effect, but I don't have it, so I tried an experiment using the chewable aspirin. It doesn't really fizz the way Alka Seltzer does, but still it's beautiful.

1. Pour water filling 1/4 of the bottle. Use a funnel to avoid spilling.
  2. Add cooking oil. Leave a little space so it does not overflow when tablet is added.
  3. Add a few drops of your desired food coloring.
  4. In my case I put 10 tiny aspirin tablets. But if you use Alka Seltzer 1 tablet will be fine.
  5. If you're not satisfied with the fizzing effect of aspirin add baking soda or salt.
  6. Ad

7. Place the battery operated light behind the bottle or find a glow stick and place it inside the bottle.
  8. Display it in your room. You can turn off the lights as it can be used as dimlight.