DIY Matte/Shiny Nail Art
You can save lots of money and have elegant nails if you do them yourself. This is a page about DIY matte/shiny nail art
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love the matte nail polish trend, but acquiring them in all my favourite colours is just too expensive. This is how to make your polish matte using nail polish you already have.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- bottle of nail polish
- mixing plate
- Paint your nails with your plain nail polish. Allow to dry.
- Take little sections of tape and stick on your nails however you want your two-tone manicure design. Press down firmly, make sure there are no air bubbles or openings.
- Pour a small amount of the nail polish onto your mixing plate and sprinkle with a tiny bit of cornstarch. Mix well using your nail polish brush or a toothpick.
- Paint onto the untaped portion of your nails. Let dry.
- Gently peel the tape off. You'll have a lovely contrast between your new matte nail polish against your original shiny nail polish.