FaceBeauty Recipes

DIY Pore Minimizing Face Primer

Vote for this contest contender!

My favourite pore minimizing primer is a whopping $31 for a .75 ounce tube. That's crazy talk for us who are budgeting. I also noticed there are plenty of ingredients in it I cannot pronounce, so I tried making my own with things I already have in my makeup bag. It ended up being awesome, and is now my go-to primer! Bye-bye, pores! It even filled in my nose piercing nicely for when I don't want to wear the jewelry.

Total Time: 5 minutes

1. Depending on how much primer you'd like to make, place some powder in your mixing bowl, then mix in as much moisturizer (a little at a time) until it turns into a loose, matte paste.
  2. Add drops of foundation to it and mix. The more you add, the more it darkens.
  3. I prefer to make one lighter mix that matches my highlighting areas, and a darker one that matches my contour areas.
  4. Use your ring finger to gently pat the primer onto your face. Using your ring finger allows you to be more careful about not rubbing it into the pores, rendering it useless. Just keep patting until you've reached your pore-free matte effect. Use makeup on top of this and it will stay in place a long time. Enjoy!