Daytime Wetting by 7 Year Old Twins

I have twin girls that are almost 7 years old that still wet their pants during the day, but not at night. I have had them to the doctor and they have run all kinds of test on them. They all come back negative. So I know there is nothing wrong with them medically. They will both go to the bathroom, but instead of sitting on the toilet to pee they would rather pee in their pants. So my question is how do I get them to stop wetting themselves during the day?

Have you found out if they're afraid of the toilet? Some kids are afraid of the sound the toilet makes or believe they can be flushed down the toilet.
If they are especially petite they may feel like they are constantly going to fall in while balancing on the edge of the seat. You might try holding onto them while they go or putting an arm around their back.

At 7 years old this is rather strange. Your girls are being lazy to go to the toilet during the day. You might not have another choice but to take them to the toilet yourself. Stand with them and make them go pee in the toilet.

If they only wet their pants during the day they are crying out for your attention. If one twin decides to wet her pants the other will follow. It is a game of who gets the most attention from mommy.

Anonymous

Do not assume they are doing it for frivolous reasons and make a big deal out of it. For a long time, even through my teens, I would wet my pants if I laughed too much. Thank God my parents never thought I was doing it to get attention and never punished me for it! It didn't get better I was an adult and has recently started up again now that I am 67.