Dealing With Mood Changes

Category Self Help
Sometimes your mood is not stable from day to day or even moment to moment. These mood swings can be stressful to both you and others around you. This is a guide about dealing with mood changes.

I've been a very moody person lately and I don't know why. My boyfriend is getting frustrated with me and we have been arguing a lot. We have only been together 9 months, some days are amazing and some are horrible. Am I depressed or bi-polar? What is wrong with me? I've been to my doctor and he said its anxiety, pills don't work though. Please help.

By Sara from Ontario, Canada

Answers

I suggest not to take anything, stop seeing this boy. Take long walks, at least a mile every day, eat right, as you might know sweets & fast food is not good for us, good luck.

Try to pinpoint the first time you noticed your mood swing and its cause. This will play a role in the increased frequency of them. Were you ill? Feeling low energy? Upset about something? Something is "rocking" your boat as a ship in troubled sea. Perhaps you're keeping a lot of things bottled up inside and not letting it out. Maybe even your arrangement with boyfriend is a bit much on you if there's other things going on too and that's causing anxiety.

My husband and I have recently learned that I am much more pleasant to be around when I am not using a hormone based birth control method...some were better than others but it seemed that every time I added hormones to my system I got super moody and the IQ of anyone around me dropped 20 points. (Something to consider.)

Thanks for your posts, um first of all, I don't take birth control so its not from that, and kffrmw88 thanks but I am not going to leave my boyfriend. He's the love of my life, I think it just had to do with me being insecure and thinking he didn't want to be with me or didn't find me attractive. Everything is getting better though. If I feel my self getting angry or what not, I just have alone time, relax, listen to music etc, but thanks for everyone's posts.