Putting Yourself in a Better Mood
February 7, 2012
Read More Comments
- Keep an uplifting photo of your child, grandchild, pet, or favorite vacation spot on your desk, near your work area, or in your purse or wallet. When you begin feeling overwhelmed, grumpy, or mentally tired take a few moments to focus on the picture and you will begin to feel better.
- Pop a piece of peppermint in your mouth when you start to feel the familiar afternoon slump. It's refreshing flavor will quickly perk you up.
- If you're in a place where it's possible to do so, sing. Singing songs that lift your spirit is a great way to improve your mood on a down day.
- Taking a walk can put you in a better mood.
- Petting a cat, dog, or some other type of furry pet can improve your mood.
- Keep an inspirational quote in a visible location so that you can read it for encouragement whenever you need to.
- Sometimes just a brief distraction from whatever is causing your mood to take a downward turn is all you need to turn a bad mood into a good mood. Doodle some silly characters on paper. Gaze out the window and get lost in a daydream like you did as a child. Do something simple that will give your mood time to readjust.
3 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I have off days and I am sure most people do. When these happen, I have some comforting memories written on a small pretty paper in my nightstand and I have an nice scented Epson salts by the tub.Read More...
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
How do you improve your personality?
Answer this Question
November 19, 20120 found this helpful
If you are shy then start talking to strangers. While standing in line try to make a lighthearted comment. Ex: if you have been waiting forever to get your food at Whataburger, you could say "I think they went to Texas to get the cow", always look for something you can sincerely say to compliment a person even if you don't know them. Always try to be kind & helpful and others will take notice.
It can be easy to forget all the great things that happen in our lives. Take a moment to count your blessings everyday. This is a page about counting your blessings.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.