Decorating Flower Pots
There are many ways to dress up your plant containers. This guide is about decorating flower pots
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Penny pots look great inside or out. Take an old flower pot or bowling ball and use silicone to attach the pennies.
By Julie Anne from Ontario
Just a quick idea when pulling out our fall/winter clothes. Some crocheted hats no longer fit so I slipped them onto self contained flower pots in the house for a cute and cozy winter look!
Approximate Time: zip!
- any old crocheted hats (even partially frayed would do!)
- flower pot with attached saucer
- optional: buttons, bows, pins
- Just slip a old crocheted hat over your existing potted plants for a simple, but cute and cozy look.
- You may add buttons, bows, pins, or even some pretty old (or vintage) costume jewelry on the hat for different holidays or effects.
By AHA! from Northeastern PA
December 18, 20040 found this helpful
Paint stores usually have outdated wallpaper books that they are willing to give away. With the pre-pasted wallpapers, I have taken two patterns, wrong sides together, dipped them in water for a short time and then formed them around a plant pot, bowl, glass jar, or cup. Tie a string around the paper or use an elastic.
When the paper fully dries, it will then form a very pretty bowl that you can fill with goodies to bring to a friend or just to set on the table or vanity to hold trinkets. No cost containers, what could be better! I used to do this as a home school art project with my son who is now in college.