Decorating a Throw Pillow with Sharpies

On a recent shopping trip to Ikea with my daughter and her children we saw these beautiful black and white graphic pillows on sale for $5. The kids wanted to get one each to decorate with markers. I got one too, to share in the fun.

We used Sharpie permanent markers in a variety of colors. I got photos of the start on their pillows and then school responsibilities put an end to their work on this project for awhile.

I wanted to finish mine, so I kept at it off and on while watching TV. You could color as much or as little as you like. I did not want to completely fill in the designs. This is the result.

There was some color bleed, as you can see in the closeups. This can be reduced by applying the marker in light brushing strokes. The less pressure you use the better, but there was still a little bit of spread. The kids had fun and so did I.

Read More or Comment...

Viewing This Page
Crafts FabricJune 4, 2014
😷
📓
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Decorating-a-Throw-Pillow-with-Sharpies-1.html