Deep Fried Cauliflower Appetizer

This was always an appetizer my mom was famous for making on all holidays! It was a great hit. And very easy to make. It does not take long to cook at all. Serve with or without your favorite dip. Then you can add it to your dinner menu.

1. Start by using a large deep skillet. Break up the cauliflower into good size chunks.
  2. Prepare 2 bowls; one for beaten eggs, and the second one for the bread crumbs, cheese, and all the spices. Use a fork to mix them well.
  3. Pour your oil into the skillet. Put on high until it gets very hot.
  4. Advertisement

5. Meanwhile, dip each piece of cauliflower into the egg then toss it around the bread crumb mixture making sure it is coated well.
  6. Drop carefully each piece into the oil, fill the pan. Turn the heat down to med-high. You only want golden brown! Using tongs, turning each piece until al dente.
  7. Remove with tongs and place on a plate of paper towels. When done cooking, let the oil cool.
  8. Arrange on a platter with a small bowl for dipping sauce (opt) I garnish with a few basil leaves. You can use ranch, thousand island, blue cheese or a cheese sauce for dipping. It is easy to make and delicious!
  9. Advertisement

I have never cared for cauliflower. I find the taste too bland. If your recipe does for cauliflower what it sounds as if it would do, I wouldn't need a dipping sauce. I'd like to try this. I'm ready for something different.

Thanks

Great! I am so glad to hear that you are willing to give Cauliflower another chance!! If you like things with a bit of *Zip* add the Old Bay Seasoning or just a drop or two of hot sauce to the egg mixture. You will love it! I don't particular care for dips either, I love eating it right after it cools down a bit! Thank you! Let me know how you like it!

Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesAugust 22, 2019
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Deep-Fried-Cauliflower-Appetizer.html