Delicious Homemade Flavored Coffee Creamer

I love those flavored coffee creamers from the store. But what are they made of? Is there anything that sounds edible in there? And who knows what they don't put on the label! So I researched making your own. The recipe I like used sweetened condensed milk, but that is expensive and, besides, condensing it cooks all the nutrition out.

So I researched making my own. Most of the recipes are the same. They all call for butter - I don't want the added fat - and a blender. Well, I am way too lazy to get the blender out. So I tried making my own recipe, and darned if it isn't the best tasting creamer ever! Now, it's not healthy, it has a lot of sugar (you can easily cut it in half, I've started doing that), but if you like your coffee sweet, you can add the whole amount. The dry milk is non-fat, and you can use skim milk; I use 2%.

1. Mix the dry milk and sugar in the container you want to use (I use an empty bottle from commercial coffee creamer, the giant size)
  2. Ad

3. Add the water and flavoring, put the lid on the bottle, and shake very well.
  4. Add the milk and shake even better to get the sugar to melt away.
  5. Shake it a little every time you use it.
  6. Store in the refridgerator. It keeps for the same amount of time as the milk you used. (It never lasts us that long!)

Yikes! I made a big mistake in this recipe - you don't add 1 pint of hot water, you add 1 cup! Sorry about that!

Thank you for correcting the recipe!

Nice tip! You could add things to infuse like a cinnamon stick, orange peel, etc.

Also I've found that nut milks make good creamer in coffee and tea.