Delicious Instant Pot Beans
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
I love these beans because they're easy to make and are a great fit for any meal. Not to mention they are super cost effective and have no preservatives. We love to have them in the morning with sausages and eggs!
- 1 1/2 cup dry pinto beans soaked for 2 hours
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- salt and pepper
- Place soaked beans, onion and water into Instant Pot.
- Lock into place and seal the valve. Use the beans/chili setting and program to cook at 15 minutes.
- While the beans are cooking, fry the thinly sliced onion in a couple tablespoons of oil over low heat until golden.
- When the beans' cooking cycle ends, allow the Instant Pot to cool and release pressure.
- To the beans, at 3 tablespoons of tomato paste, the juice of half a lemon, and some salt and pepper.
- Pour in fried onion.
- Place on sautee mode and cook without lid on, stirring frequently, until it's thickened. This will take about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.