Delightful Jar Teacher's Appreciation Gift
Vote for this contest contender!
Use an empty glass jar, floral gift wrap, and a few embellishments to make a beautiful yet thrifty teacher's appreciation gift. Fill it with peanuts or sweets and show your child's teacher how much you appreciate her being part of your child's life.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: one gift jar
- 4.3 in high empty clear glass jar with a white screw on lid
- A4 sized piece of brightly colored floral gift wrap
- A6 sized light blue floral embossed paper
- 1.4 in wide light pink polymer clay rose
- 0.2 in wide gray satin ribbon
- embroidery floss in the following colors: gray, light pink, and light blue
- peanuts (or sweets) to fill the jar with
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- standard scissors
- From the light blue floral embossed paper, measure and cut a circle that would fit on to the white lid.
- Glue the circle to the lid. You might need to cut small slits around the edge of the circle to help you to glue it down completely.
- Glue the gray satin ribbon around the sides of the lid, and cut off any remaining ribbon.
- Glue the rose on top of the lid.
- Measure and cut the gift wrap to fit around the jar. Glue it around the jar and allow to dry.
- Fill the jar with the peanuts or sweets and screw on the lid.
- Use the three embroidery flosses to tie a bow around the neck of the jar.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!