Deodorant Stains On Clothing

How do you get hardened deodorant stains from underarms off of t-shirts?

By mrobinson from Titusville, FL

Answers:

Deodorant Stains On Clothing

Soak in a solution of vinegar and water. If that doesn't work, try some Oxi Clean that can be purchased from Dollar General or Family Dollar. (05/16/2009)

By Marjorie

Deodorant Stains On Clothing

I've used Mean Green on armpit areas where the deodorant prevented the water and detergent from washing out the sweat odor and white flakes. I had no idea Mean Green could be used for a laundry pre-treatment until I was bored and reading the back of the bottle one day! I'd give this a try for yellowed crusty areas, too, but I'm betting it will require some soaking and scraping.

Once I read online that you can prevent armpit stains by dropping a couple of plain aspirin into the wash with new shirts. I don't think this tip works for shirts that are already stained, though. (05/22/2009)

By Melody T.

If the stain is on dark clothes I have had great luck with just using dawn dish soap on the stains. I just add some dawn and water and let it soak overnight. For armpit stains on white shirts I like to use a mix of hydrogen peroxide, water, and baking soda.

Use undiluted vinegar right before washing.