Deodorant Stains on T-shirts

How do I get deodorant and sweat stains out of the armpit of t-shirts?

Stargaze from Buffalo, NY

Answers:

Deodorant Build Up on T-Shirts

Wash in hot water with good old vinegar in the rinse. (07/19/2004)

By Linda

Vinegar

Thanks, Linda, I was just going to say the same thing - good old vinegar again, brilliant for removing the deodorant, and not bad as a final rinse in the machine as well - forget the fabric conditioner. (07/19/2004)

By Lizaixi

Water and Vinegar

Soak stained area in a mix of 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 water for about half an hour, then toss in the wash. Also removes sweat stains. (07/19/2004)

By Alex

Vinegar

Now just let me get my two cents worth in here... VINEGAR! I spray warm vinegar onto the stains, then soak in warm water or throw right into the wash, on warm. (07/19/2004)

By

Deodorant Build Up on T-Shirts

Is the build-up hard, almost like a crust? My Dad used to get that, and my Mom would make a paste of UNSEASONED meat tenderizer and water, rub it in and let it stand overnight, then wash as usual. If you use the seasoned tenderizer it might stain the fabric. It really works! (07/27/2004)

By Becki in Indiana

Deodorant Build Up on T-Shirts

Meat tenderizer? I'll have to give that one a try. I tried the vinegar soak, but no luck - crusty build up still there. Haven't tried vinegar as a machine rinse, however, how much would I put in my standard size washer would be my only question. (11/22/2004)

By Christopher

Deodorant Stains on T-shirts

I would suggest changing deodorant. Find one that does not leave a residue, and may be more effective. Maybe one size larger T-shirt would eliminate too close contact with skin. (02/10/2006)

By WIsgal

Lemon Juice

With regards to removing deodorant stains from white shirts, I have used straight LEMON JUICE on the stain. I apply a generous amount of lemon juice on the stains, then leave the shirt out in the direct hot sun for a few hours. This process almost totally removed the stains. I found I had to repeat the process two or three times though, but noticed a drastic improvement after one application. Try this, it may work for you too. (08/17/2006)

By Sabrina