Determining House Cleaning Rate

I'm once a week going to be thoroughly cleaning a friend's 3 bedroom, 2 bath house. It's a good size house with 2 dogs. I'll be mopping, washing, vacuuming, cleaning kitchen, and bathrooms. I am not sure the hours, but what should I charge? I'm thinking $15/hrs, but not sure if that is too much or not enough.

Best Answer

I've had a cleaning service since 1989. Never charge by the hour. Just like anything else the longer you do it the better and faster you get at it so you will only cut yourself short. I would charge probably 65.00 a visit if it's once a week. 85.00 if every two weeks and 100.00 if once a month. Could be a little more depending on the condition. The first clean would be around 100.00 because the first clean is always the worst.

Again if it's pretty trashed it would be more. Another reason to charge more for the initial clean is in case they have you clean once then decide they no longer want you. Since this is a friend you might knock some off the price but I wouldn't get in the habit of doing that.

Anonymous

I don't know where you live, but near the northeast coast of Florida, the rate for cleaning is $15/hr. if you use your customer's equipment and cleaning solutions or $20/hr. if you use your own equipment and cleaning solutions.

Business and Legal BusinessSeptember 24, 2016
🍀
💘