Determining the Value of an Antique Clock

Category Clocks
Researching the value of an antique clock is aided by any identifying marker marks and dates. The internet is a decent search tool for this research, but if that is unsuccessful you may need to seek advice from a specialist in old clocks.

I'm looking for the value of this antique clock. It is from the E Ingraham Company.

Thanks!

Answers

Best Answer

There is a similar one for sale on etsy.com for $107.00 I suggest contacting E Ingraham Company for a detailed price value.

Best Answer

This is an auction site but you need to sign up for the site to see what they sold the clock for. I see it there and it was sold back in 2016. www.liveauctioneers.com/.../

Here is a site that you can check out for the value of this clock. You will need to know the date it wsa made or the numbers on the back of the clock. Then look it up here and you can find the value of the clock. www.antiqueclockspriceguide.com/ingrahamserialnu.php

I would like to find out more information. My grandmother left it to me. I believe she said it from the late 1800s or early 1900s. I want to find out the maker, age, and value.

Answers

Best Answer

Yours looks like an antique, German Junghan's (the brand) clock. Probably walnut. Probably from the late 1880s or early 1900s as you think. Not sure if it is real or a knock off...hard to tell by the photo and only an expert can probably give you the facts. I am not an expert (like an appraiser) just a collector and someone who loves all things old and neat!

They are all over the place in value and mostly sell in Europe (so if you are there that is a good thing!). The values on eBay range from 50-150 US dollars. There may be some higher, this is an average.

The value depends on it if works, has all the original parts, no cracks in the glass etc.

I strongly suggest having a reputable antique dealer look at it and value it (ask for insurance value) which will be higher than retail, but will give you starting place where you can then take best offer if you are trying to sell. I would not try to sell it online (too much of a hassle) so once you are comfortable with the value in your area, see if one of the dealers will sell it for you on consignment!

Post back what you learn!

As with many vintage and antique pieces, the value of a grandfather clock depends on a number of factors, including age, rarity, appearance, mechanical soundness, etc. This page offers some good advice on how to find the value of a grandfather clock, as well as, a detailed list of attributes and demand that will need to be considered in determining its value.

The face of a grandfather clock.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Consumer Advice Collectibles ClocksFebruary 25, 2020
🌻
🐰
🍀