Displaying an Antique Compass

My husband wanted to display a compass given to him by his stepdad. I found a small shadowbox frame and removed the glass. I attached a small cup hook to the top and painted it with black nail polish to make it less visible. The compass is suspended in the frame from the hook. Unfortunately, I was unable to use the glass because I wanted to have the compass cover open. So it needs to be dusted every once in awhile. We love having this special family heirloom out to enjoy! This would also work well for a cherished pocket watch.

Looks beautiful! What a great idea!

I love this. I gave my ex father in law a navy medal and put it in a dollar tree shadowbox on top of some pretty blue velveteen fabric.

I have seen this done with spoons, too.

Organizing AdviceNovember 9, 2012
📓
🌻
🎂