Do It Yourself Mechanical Repairs

Category Machines
This is a guide about do it yourself mechanical repairs. Many times there are simple things a person can do to either repair or extend the longevity of a an appliances or piece of equipment, using common household items. Be your own MacGyver and save some money by fixing it yourself.

It's surprising how you can make simple mechanical repairs to even electronic items. Recently, my husband and I fixed a broken plastic strip integral to a chair massager by reinforcing it with a wooden paint stirrer. And I keep a printer going by taping down the ink cartridges (some catch is gone). I look for the sound and then try to figure out what's causing it. The electronic stuff I leave to my husband!

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles

Top Comment

I had a neighbor that taught me how to fix my spinner washer~~and now I have to learn to fix my car, home and yard stuff again since I lost my dh in March and I am short on finances. Plus it makes one proud they did it on their own..good going