Do It Yourself Mechanical Repairs

It's surprising how you can make simple mechanical repairs to even electronic items. Recently, my husband and I fixed a broken plastic strip integral to a chair massager by reinforcing it with a wooden paint stirrer. And I keep a printer going by taping down the ink cartridges (some catch is gone). I look for the sound and then try to figure out what's causing it. The electronic stuff I leave to my husband!

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles

Top Comment

I had a neighbor that taught me how to fix my spinner washer~~and now I have to learn to fix my car, home and yard stuff again since I lost my dh in March and I am short on finances. Plus it makes one proud they did it on their own..good going