Dog Has Diarrhea

My dog has diarrhea. She has had it for 3 days. I am giving her Pedialite. What should I do? Why is this happening?

By Jo

Best Answer

Take the dog to a veterinarian immediately. Diarrhea for three days is as serious in an animal as it is in a human.

Best Answer

My dog had a easily upset stomach, so started using yogurt a couple tablespoons a day. Good luck with everything. A trip to the vet would be the first thing I would do also.

Best Answer

Another treatment for diarrhea in dogs is to mix canned pumpkin in with the dog food. It has to be canned pumpkin which has no other ingredient in it. It is available. I keep a couple of cans of it just in case. Good luck. Consider calling a vet as well.

Best Answer

Give her Pepto Bismol. Dosage depends on her weight. It's on the side of the bottle. Give it to her no more than every 6 hours and it'll clear it right up, depending on the severity usually within 1-3 doses. I originally got this from a vet many many years ago. Since that time I've been told this by other vets countless times.

Best Answer

See a vet. They will probably recommend a bland diet which is boiled chicken, ground up, and white rice.

Give the dog a raw egg. Hope it helps.

I've given our dog generic pepto. Is your dog eating something unusual? Try a very bland diet as well as giving her rice or adding some to her food. If nothing works, try calling different vets - there is most likely one in your area who will work out a payment plan. Good luck!

http://www.walk … com/otc-meds.htm
This link says you can some give dogs immodium, Do not give this medicine to Collies, Shelties, Australian Shephards and Long-haired Whippits. See this site for more detailed information. I think you should take the dog to the vet though.

Have the dog checked for worms at the vet's office. Worms can cause diarrhea and your dog could also have something else going on and the vet can diagnose properly the cause.

1st take away all food then get plain yogurt and pumpkin mix 1 or 2 tsp of pumpkin to several tablespoons of yogurt mix and feed as often as you like the diarrhea will stop quickly. Then slowly introduce food along with the yogurt pumpkin mix.

My dog has had diarrhea 4 weeks but he seems healthy and happy and runs around and plays. He was eating Beneful dog food but my friends tell me not to give it to him