HealthDogs

Dog Has Rash and Bad Odor

Category Health

My Pom has a bed smell on his back. I wash him 2 to 3 times a week. He has a brown rash on his back that starts from his head to his behind. In some areas on his back he has lost some of his hair. What can I do to help my little Pom? He is only 6 months old. Please help me.

By ONELL

Please take this little doggie to the your vet. You will have to pay a fee, but your dog may need medication, could be an infection that will not go away unless treated with antibiotics. Don't wait! Your dog cannot help itself, it is depending on you!

p.s. I have a pom too, and she is the joy of my life. good luck!

If he were my dog, I would take him and have him shaved down for a summer cut which would make it a lot easier to treat what ever infection he has. I also would sprinkle some Gold Bond Medicated Powder on his back until he can be seen by a vet.

I wonder if you're possibly washing him too much and because his fur is thick it may not really dry out in between baths which might result in some sort of fungus from the dampness.

If your dog is an inside dog he really doesn't have enough time out in a yard to get dirty. I have large dogs and they're in and out all day long. I keep a washcloth and a bucket of clean water by the back door and if any of them comes in covered with dirt I just wipe them down.

You are definitely bathing him too much. I was bathing my dachshund once and week and the vet told me that was too much and could cause skin problems and dry skin.

No vet. No vaccines as this will finish off his little immune system. He has allergy, I'll bet. He has fungus, I"ll bet. He has vaccine poisoning, I'll bet. He needs food changed, skin care and a few other things. Too much to explain so call me. No, I don't charge. I have many years of research on my own and can clue you i on many things after questions. Right now, I want that dog off of grocery store food. NO corn, wheat or soy. We will rid of fleas, build immune system, medicate with out big pharma or vet. Get on good diet and you will have your dog back in good shape. Call me. 541 440 1966