Dog Not Eating After Being Spayed

I got my dog spayed four days ago. Now she won't eat dog food, but will eat a treat and she is drinking water. My question is, since the surgery she isn't acting normal, she lays around, goes outside and comes right back in. She isn't eating her food and isn't active at all. What do you think is wrong?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

This is not normal. I had my female dog spayed and it took a day or so for her to be active again. Your dog could be having complications after her surgery. I would call your vet and take her back in. She might have an infection that you don't know about or can detect on your own. For her safety and health, please take her back to your vet.

No, that's not normal. It is said that you should contact your vet if your pet does not eat for more than 24 hours after surgery... I would get in contact asap.

I had my female spayed and she layed around for seven days. Each dog is different it is a painful surgery.