Dog Peed on Owner's Bed

My 1 year old Dachshund has just peed on my bed, she sleeps in it also. She was in season 2 weeks ago and did it on the guest bed. She sometimes does it indoors. She was only trained to go outside a couple of months ago, as she always went on a pad and she was brilliant and learnt in a few days.

She was my granddaughter's dog, but I looked after her all week and she went home at weekends. My granddaughter has now given her to me as she felt it wasn't fair on her. I also lost my husband at Christmas, so I do cry a lot. I am worried that Daisy is suffering and that is why and need your advice.

Best Answer

Any kind of newly trained behavior (going outside) will have its' setbacks. It's just part of the process. It sounds like it is time to go over the lesson again in a calm and patient way. Also it is time to have your dog spayed. The cycling hormones can be distracting to her and may make her new training less likely to "stick". Spaying at an early age also protects your dog from several cancers and other diseases.

Best Answer

Unless you are a licensed breeder and this dog is pedigreed with papers and award-winning parents, have her spayed. Unaltered dogs are more likely to "go" indoors after puberty.

Your emotional state does most certainly affect your dog. Anxiousness or worry about your sadness upsets the dog. Dogs are very sensitive creatures and bred for many generations to be in tune with their owner's moods.
I'm not saying that to make you feel bad, it's just that whenever a dog learns something new, nervousness or being upset can cause them to revert.

I'd suggest just continue training like you would a puppy. Reward for good outdoor behavior. Take her out frequently to try. And get that spay done soon.

My dog pees on all the bedsame. I have another dog but they both Sleep with me. I want to know why she does this.

Pets Dogs House TrainingSeptember 26, 2016
🎃