House TrainingDogs

Dog Started Peeing and Pooping Inside

I have a 2yr old Chocolate Lab mixed with Collie. He is kennel trained and house trained, we also have another dog that lives with us. He's a male also. My question is I've lived in this apartment for a while now and they both would go outside and potty, the last couple weeks my dog (the Lab) has been going into the laundry room and peeing all over everything, lifting his leg on everything, and also pooping on the carpet. He refuses to go outside now. I don't know what's wrong, but he stands by the back door and waits for the other dog to get done so we let them back in and he goes inside. Please help me I don't know what else to do?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

It sounds like your dog is staking out a new territory in your home. Dogs mark their territory by peeing and pooping. You are going to have to find out what has changed with his normal routine. Your dog is going to have to be retrained to go outside.

Instead of just letting the dog out with your other dog, take the dog out on his leash. Make sure he goes to the toilet outside before letting him back in the house.

Clean the areas where your dog is peeing and pooping with some strong disinfectant cleaner.

You might need to have the dog fixed so he stops marking his territory in your home.