Dog Urine Stain on a Leather Couch

My sister's dog urinated on my burgundy leather couch. The couch is a washed out kind of bomber jacket leather and has a "worn" look. The stain left a very dark circle on the couch. There is no odor left, just the stain. I was out of town and did not find the stain until it was dry. Is there a way to get the couch back to way it looked before?

Tracie from Perry, FL

Answers:

Dog Urine Stain on a Leather Couch

No one has left feedback for this problem. I would say go for broke and try anything. You don't have much to lose at this point. I would take a spray bottle and put vinegar in it and soak it good, then I would use a wet vac to suck the vinegar and try this continuously to get the urine out. Or try blotting, re-wetting and re-blotting. You might try a dry method using the vinegar and applying a paste made of baking soda and allowing it to dry. As it dries it will put the stain away from the leather? Maybe? These are untested on leather; worth a shot though. (07/01/2009)

By lynnwoodstarbuck