Dog Won't Eat

My German shepherd won't eat. Please help.

By christine from Surrey, UK

Answers:

Dog Won't Eat

How long has it been since he ate? (10/28/2009)

By Pam

Dog Won't Eat

Try putting beef or chicken broth, powder or liquid in his/her food. (10/28/2009)

By mousal

Dog Won't Eat

This is serious. Waste no time, and go to the vet. (10/28/2009)

By vicki hood

Dog Won't Eat

Your German Shepard won't eat just isn't enough information. In the US, at least where I am, I can call an emergency vet and talk to them when my vet's office is closed.

More info is needed. Like, how old is your dog, did he ingest a toy before he stopped eating, or ingest some rodent? Or did your dog ingest something else before stopping eating? All of this information is important to your Vet, and the Emergency Vets. I'm assuming you have emergency vets in the UK, as we do here in the USA?

The first place I go to when I have a Vet or Emergency Vet problem, is my own Vet, or the local Emergency Vets. They've helped me a lot. They talked to me every night when I had puppies that had Coccidia (and God Bless you that you never have to go through that!). And they also helped me when I had dogs that were dying, and I needed help recognizing the signs. But, just saying that your dog won't eat, even naming the dog as a German Shepard, isn't enough. (10/29/2009)

By Carol Rodriguez

Dog Won't Eat

I am not trying to be mean, but if you're baby isn't eating then it's time to call a professional and talk to them. (10/31/2009)

By Ann

Dog Won't Eat

I agree with the others, you need to take your dog to the vet. (11/01/2009)

By Maryeileen