Dragonfly Fridge Magnet
This pretty little dragonfly will attach to your fridge or any steel surface and hold important pieces of paper in her mouth that you don't want to lose. It is very easy to make and a set of three would make a lovely gift.
- 1 wooden clothes peg (pins)
- decorative paper
- wiggle eyes
- strong glue
- magnetic tape
- glitter pipe cleaner
- 1 small elastic band
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 pencil or marker
- Draw around the peg on the back of the fancy paper and cut it out.
- Check that it fits.
- Glue it in place.
- Add the wiggle eyes
- and some sticky jewels.
- Use the elastic band to hold the peg open.
- Cut the pipe cleaner in half.
- Twist each half into a figure 8.
- Apply plenty of glue to the inside of the peg on one side only and insert the pipe cleaner wings.
- Use the point of the scissors to push them well back.
- Leave the scissors in place to hold the wings down on the glue and leave to dry.
- Once the glue is dry you can remove the elastic band (by cutting it if necessary).
- Cut a strip of magnetic tape to fit and remove the backing strip.
- Apply the magnetic strip to the underside of the dragon fly.
- Spread the wings out.
- Use your dragonfly to hold small important papers such as reminders, photos or receipts.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!