Dreamy Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
This creamy and sweet dish is the perfect side to a savory main dish. This page contains a dreamy mashed sweet potatoes recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A twist on your regular dish. These are creamy, sweet, and oh, so good! They are very easy and pair well with a savory main course. Try them! I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Total Time: Around 40 minutes total.
Yield: About 15 servings.
- 9 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- handful of marshmallows for garnish
- Peel, cube and boil your sweet potatoes until soft. Drain, and return to stockpot.
- Add milk, sugar, butter or margarine, and pumpkin pie spice to pot. Blend with an electric hand mixer until super smooth.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with a handful of marshmallows. Why? They taste good and look cute!
P.S.You could halve this recipe for a smaller yield.
January 12, 20150 found this helpful
Those look so good. Love the marshmallows on top!
January 13, 20150 found this helpful
Tried this. My kids loved it, they said it tasted like dessert.
February 4, 20150 found this helpful
These look real good, regular mashed potatoes can get so boring.
November 23, 20160 found this helpful
Thankyou so much for sharing this recipee. My momma always made these so I never learned how to make them. She passed away a few years back and this is the first recipe I have found that comes close to hers.
Again Thankyou so much. Now I can carry my momma's tradition and pass it on to my kids. Hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving