Dry Shampoo Recipe

I have recently decided that I'm 'over' using shampoo, and washing my hair in general. I have decided to go 'no poo' because my hair just does not seem to do anything worthwhile with shampoo.

Of course you have to clean your hair somehow and this is a good home made recipe for dry shampoo. Even if you have no issue washing your hair this is a good recipe to use because at times due to sickness or being out of home or camping or bizarre oily hair emergency you need a way to cut down the grease in your hair.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Source: https://www.nopoomethod.com/

1. Mix cornstarch. Add cocoa or cinnamon if wanted.
  2. Add essential oil drops.
  3. Mix well with a fork. Make sure that the oil distributes well throughout the product. It still needs to remain powdery and dry. The oil just adds a layer of cleansing and fragrance.
  4. put in your hair and scrub into your scalp the way you would regular shampoo; make sure you get the powder to every inch of your scalp
  5. Advertisement

6. take a clean bristle brush and brush it out to the roots, removing a lot of the powder - the powder will get on your brush and everything else, so beware
  7. shake your hair out

I hope that first brush is from a generic photo place. If not, that is broken hair that has built up on the brush and needs to be tossed or vigorously cleaned. Keep in mind that hair is just dead skin so keeping up with the "hair care" is mainly just giving into the commercial hype.

sorry to say that was mine :D I know it's terrible but it looks worse than it is because the gunk on there is actually mainly the cacao mix that gets stuck in the bristles

I clean it whenever i think about it (not often enough) but honestly I don't know a good way to do it to get all the stuff off.. thoughts?

White powder never did blend into my dark hair very well. I appreciate having this dry shampoo recipe for darker hair. Thanks!

Jean Genie, I just take a plastic hair comb and rake it along my brush and it pulls most of the hair out.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips WashingSeptember 2, 2018
🎄
🍂