Drying Plastic Bags

I bake a lot and freeze my baked goods in zippered freezer bags. I rinse them out and reuse them. To make sure they dry completely and quickly, I turn them inside out and use a magnet and hang it upside down on my refrigerator. I place the magnet on the inside of the bag to keep it open. You could use any magnetic surface.

You can wash out and reuse many bags. I throw out the ones that contained raw meat.

Brilliant, Judy! Thanks for posting.

I like to reuse freezer bags with produce. They are already labeled with the vegetable, so all I do is change the date. I try to use up what's in the freezer within 3 months of the date on bag.

Does anyone know of a list of foods...proteins, vegetation...and the timelines to use when freezing? How they can be frozen is great as some vegetation needs to be blanched or cooked first. Thank you!

I didn't see a list here but I like to use this site to check specific foods.

stilltasty.com/

In my experience, as long as the food was well sealed, it will last up to a year. If it has bad freezer burn, it might not be very good but it won't be dangerous. I try to eat out of my freezer before and after the holidays so that I'm ready for spring and the growing season. It also helps my food budget.