Easter Basket Improved

I wanted to create a healthier version of the Easter basket and came up with cutting out fruit with cookie cutter shapes and adding them on a skewer into a basket. This is great for young children, kids who don't need more sugar and even an older person. Anyone who wants to live healthier lives really!

Total Time: Just cut up your fruit and put together materials-15 max!

1. Slice pineapple and apples then use a cookie cutter or knife to cut into shapes.
  2. Peel oranges, cut banana into discs.
  3. OPTIONAL: Melt one candy bar in a microwave (30 seconds at a time until liquid) Dip some of your fruit halfway into the melted chocolate and stick a skewer into them (like a lollypop)
  4. Add an apple to the bottom of the basket and stick the other end of the skewer into the apple.
  5. Add plastic eggs, flowers or other little toys to the basket and present to someone you love! I always like to include a new toothbrush too! ;)

Thanks for sharing this great idea. I was just brainstorming ideas on how I could make Easter healthier for my 2 year old.

How do you keep the fruit clean? Flies are attracted to raw fruit.

What about tying a piece of clean plastic wrap around each piece of fruit?

I am going to do this with my SO this year. We vowed to no candy because ( we are both diabetic 2 ) great alternative.

Crafts Easter BasketsMarch 19, 2014
😷
🌻
🐛
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Easter-Basket-Improved.html