Easter Suncatchers

These cute suncatchers make great window decorations for Easter. They are easy to make using plastic beads and cookie cutters, so you can make almost any shape.

Total Time: 40-60 minutes

NOTE: I chose to buy a cake pan at the thrift store, instead of using one that I cook with. Just to be on the safe side.

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Set your cookie cutters on the cookie sheet or pie tin. Arrange the beads in the cutters. Turn the beads on end in tight spaces, they will melt just fine on their sides. The less gaps you have, the less likely you will have holes in your shapes. NOTE: For the bunny's eye, I placed a smaller black bead on top of a white pony bead.
  3. Once you have all of your cutters filled with beads, bake them in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until all of the beads have melted and there are no gaps or holes. The longer you heat them, the smoother it will melt into the shape. NOTE: I highly recommend opening windows and turning on the hood fan, as there are some fumes when these are baking.
  4. Remove them from the oven and set them on a cooling rack. After a couple of minutes you will begin to hear popping noises as the plastic cools and separates from the cutters and pan.
  5. Once they are cool enough to touch, gently push them out of the cutters.
  6. To make them window decorations, use a small drill bit and make a hole to thread string through. I am sure there are endless ways that these can be used though...get creative! :)

Those are pretty. I bet you could put a toaster oven outdoors to keep from having the smell in the house!

Toaster oven is a great idea! Thanks for that idea.

I bet you could use a small metal grommet for the hole and not have to drill at all. Just place it where you want the hole to be and put the beads around it.

Holidays and Parties Easter CraftsMarch 8, 2013
🐛
📓
🌻
😎