Easy Beef and Broccoli
We wanted Chinese food but didn't have too many ingredients on hand. I was able to make this beef and broccoli dish with what I could find in the fridge. It was really good!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 lb beef, chopped
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Add cornstarch to chopped beef. Toss to coat. Set aside.
- Add 1/3 cup water into a large nonstick pan over high heat until the water begins to boil. Add the broccoli florets and cover. Steam until the broccoli is tender and water evaporates, a few minutes.
- Transfer cooked broccoli to a dish and set aside.
- Carefully wipe out the pan and add some oil. Place pan over medium high heat. Add beef and cook a few minutes, stirring often. Add a bit of salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and ginger. Cook a couple minutes.
- Add chili sauce, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Stir well and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add about 1/4 cup of water to pan and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bits off the bottom. Add more water if needed. You will want a creamy texture to the sauce.
- Return broccoli florets to pan. Mix well so everything is coated with the sauce. Check flavour and add salt and pepper if needed. Serve with steamed rice or noodles.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!