Easy Berry Pie Recipe
Three types of berries are combined to make this delectable pie, perfect with ice cream. This guide contains a recipe for easy berry pie
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
If you are on a time crunch, pie crusts in the frozen section can help you bake your pies easier.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Yield: 1 pie
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 Tbsp lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 corn starch
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 bag beans
- Using one of the frozen pie crust (thaw out), place into glass pie pan. Place parchment paper over your crust and add dried beans about 2/3 filled and bake until light brown at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes. The dried beans will help your pie not shrink.
- Time for the filling! In a large bowl, combine blueberries, blackberries and raspberries, lemon juice, sugar, salt and corn starch. Fold the ingredients until lightly mixed with a spatula and put into your pie crust.
- Using the other pie crust, cut into strips and apply on top of the pie. Cut excess pie scraps.
- (Optional) for egg wash, whisk an egg, cream and dash of salt in a small bowl. Brush egg wash on top of the strips of the pie strips, crust before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake until pie is golden brown for about 1 hour and bubbles. Note: If your crust is turning too crispy brown, cover crust with foil and continue to cook.