Easy Chicken Pot Pie

I like this recipe because it is fast, easy, inexpensive and versatile. Instead of boiling a chicken breast, you can use 2 cans of chicken or 2 cans of tuna in water. If you use canned chicken or tuna, be sure to drain it.

• 1 large skinless, boneless chicken breast
  • 1 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 15 oz. can mixed vegetables, drained
  • 2 deep dish frozen pie crusts

Directions:

Boil the chicken breasts until done, about 15 minutes. Shred the chicken or cut into small pieces.

Put chicken, soup and vegetables in a bowl and mix well. Pour mixture into one of the frozen pie crust.

Place the second pie crust on top of the pie. Press to create a seal around the edges. Using a sharp knife, cut three slits in top crust.

Place pie on a baking sheet. Bake in 425 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until crust is golden brown.

Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.

Servings: 4
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes

By VeronicaHB

Anonymous

I just so happen to have a couple of cans of chicken that need to be used up and kind of tired of chicken salad so will be giving your recipe a try :-)

Does second crust get put on right side up or upside down?

I put the second crust on upside down but I suppose since you press it to seal around the edges it really wouldn't matter which way you put the top crust on. If you make this I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.