Easy Mermaid Nails
This nail design is easy enough to do at home yourself, but will look like you have been to a salon. This is a guide about easy mermaid nails
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a super easy way to do an ombre mermaid design on your own nails. You can also use this method to paint this design on other things aside from your own nails. I've done it on the edges of shelving or even on wrapping paper for gifts. All you need is a piece of windscreen or a netted garlic bag, nail polish, and a little sponge.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 beautiful full manicure
- 2-3 nail polish colors - I chose white base and black and blue for scales.
- 1 piece of level sponge, not super porous
- 1 piece of flexible netting like some windscreen or a garlic bag
- Paint your nails with your base colour.
- Dab on a bit of your fish scale colours onto the sponge. Let sit for 10 seconds as not to be too wet.
- Firmly wrap your netting around one fingernail and gently press your painted sponge down onto the netting and dab.
- Lift netting off nail carefully and move on to next nail. I got about 3 nails per painted sponge.
- You can just keep painting on top of the same painted sponge over and over when doing the rest of your nails.
- If necessary, dip a Q-tip into nail polish remover and clean around the nail.
March 24, 20160 found this helpful
This looks so professional!
March 27, 20160 found this helpful
Thanks Judy! I was super pleased how these turned out with windscreen scraps. I usually use garlic bags. :)
April 11, 20160 found this helpful
This looks great, and you made it look easy! I will sure give this a try!
In This Guide