Easy Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole
This enchilada casserole uses only a few ingredients and can easily be modified to your tastes (even meat it you want). It's a fun recipe to play around with.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1-2 (28 oz.) cans enchilada sauce
- 2-3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 oz.) can sweet yellow corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can seasoned black beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can seasoned pinto beans
- 1 can refried beans
- corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour some enchilada sauce into the bottom of an 11 x 16 casserole pan. NOTE: You can use a 9 x 13 pan instead.
- Layer the bottom of the pan with corn tortillas.
- In a bowl, combine the black beans, pinto beans, and corn. Put the refried beans into another bowl and heat up slightly in the microwave (this makes them easier to spread out).
- Spread 1/2 of the bean and corn mixture over the tortillas.
- Drop small spoonfuls of refried beans all over the layer.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Spoon enchilada sauce over the cheese.
- Top with a layer of tortillas. (I like to tear up tortillas to cover up any gaps between them.)
- Spoon enchilada sauce over the tortillas and spread it out to completely coat them.
- Repeat layers of corn and beans, refried beans, grated cheese, and enchilada sauce.
- Top with a final layer of tortillas.
- Spoon enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until sauce and cheese are bubbly.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide